Monday 23 September 2013

Day 44: Stolen TV

People often ask "how is Sweden?" and expect me to tell them tales of how different life is (that people are green and walk on their hands probably). In fact, most of the time things are the same (wake up at ass o'clock, commute, work, make dinner, sleep).

This is nowhere more evident than my experience today with television. "I'll watch TV" I thought "learn about Swedish culture".

Well, this was what was on TV. Two copies of English TV shows, QI and the Great British Bake Off. The only differences were that:

a) Intresse Klubben was substandard because Sweden doesn't have Stephen Fry and the letters in the logo don't match the name of the show
and
b) Hela Sverige Bakar (Sweden bakes) had a lot of blonde people making more breads than cakes, and a token Muslim woman. I quite enjoyed Hela Sverige Bakar actually. They have quite a good rip off of Mary sourface Berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment