Tuesday 7 January 2014

Day 147: Things I miss when they're not around


I've been in England for Christmas so I thought I'd share some of the things I missed while I was away.

1. Warm houses


No matter the outside temperature, +20 or -7, the indoor temperature of the house is always 22 degrees. Compare this to England where people die from poorly insulated houses in temperatures still above freezing.

2. Washing up with a brush


I'm sure these exist outside Sweden but I haven't met a single person in England who uses them (with the exception of someone under the influence of a Norwegian boyfriend). At first I hated them, but then I cleaned a colander in less than 30 seconds.

3. Big Bang Theory


There isn't much on TV here but there is plenty of BBT. 

4. Knowing what time the buses run



And they run on time.  Mostly. You can check the timetables on the bus stops and they aren't a load of lies like they are in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment