Sunday 2 March 2014

Day 201: Being an adult


Being an adult means being sick when your mum isn't there to make you feel better. This I learned by contracting vinterkräksjukan from a buffet.

As I mentioned earlier, Swedes take illness very seriously and so I am not allowed to go anywhere, especially to work, for 2 days. What a shame eh?

On the other hand, there is no Lucozade in this country to help recover after being sick. Lucozade is an orange flavoured, fizzy glucose drink which a friend at school described to me as "liquid fat" because people like to drink it even when they're not exerting themselves. My mum, and many other English mums, prescribe lucozade after sickness because it recovers lost energy and also because they are from the 1950s when lucozade was still known as a medicinal product instead of a sports drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment