Thursday 14 May 2015

Day 633: INGEN REKLAM TACK

I was just sitting in the flat minding my own business when I heard an almighty KA-THUNK at the door. It was too early to be post and as anyone who has read my post about post would know, heavy post is not delivered directly anyway. "What the F was that?" I wondered aloud. I opened up the inner door and found THIS MIGHTY PILE OF BULLPLOP:

Pile of Bullplop


I discovered, much like my neighbours who had the same experience, that upon having all of our front doors upgraded to security doors last week we had lost all of our "INGEN REKLAM TACK" stickers. In England when you stick a little sticker that says "No Junk Mail" on your letterbox it will result in one of two things, either a) nothing. The junk mail will come anyway or b) The delivery agent will see your sticker as a challenge and post 4 times as much shite as they did before.

Apparently I had not appreciated the power of the INGEN REKLAM sticker. A healthy bundle of deals is slammed onto my doormat twice a week now. The residents of the building are quite worried about the loss of the stickers and one of the points for discussion at our annual residents meeting is the printing out of new stickers for everyone. Meanwhile I imagine the delivery agents are having a corresponding meeting about how they need to MAXIMISE THE TIME NOW! SEIZE THE MOMENT! that our defences are down and they can ply us with as much advertising as they can before the shields go back up.

Does this mean that there is some guy who has come and tried to deliver advertising every week for years and years and each time been disappointed that the stickers were still there? And suddenly there was a day when the doors started to get changed and he found that the stickers were gone and Christmas had come early? Or is there a cartel between the door changing company and the advertisers, so that they get information about the stickers not being up any more and can get straight down to business at the earliest opportunity?

This country is so weird. I just don't understand shit like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment