Thursday 15 May 2014

Day 273: Läkerol Review Raspberry Lemongrass

Läkerol are small, round pastilles that become gummy while you leave them in your mouth and fulfill the function of a mint but with a variety of flavours. Essentially they're sweets for grown-ups, designed to hide the fact that you're a big kid by being packaged in a neat little cardboard box with a well-designed sealing lid. Also you can't give them to kids (like I did) as they are liable to eat all of them at once (like the kid I gave them to did) and they can cause the shits (fortunately I told him to spit them all out before that happened as I didn't want his parents to get me fired.)

Allow me to review a range of flavours for your interest as I embark upon a trail much tread by Swedish snackers, with an English palette. 

My first taste of Läkerol was actually the Salt liquorice flavour which is the most popular and deserves a blog post of its own, it was given to me on a plane by someone sitting next to me and it was so disgusting I spat it out in their face. But that's another story.Today I'll review the first box I bought for myself in the shop:

Raspberry Lemongrass


Motivation: I bought these because I'm a sucker for advertising (see the Ramlösa post.) They look fruity and delicious, plus lemongrass is an interesting additional flavour.

Smell: These have no particular smell, just a bit fruity. Not overwhelming and not particularly raspberryish. Definitiely no lemongrass smell in there.

Taste: Unidentifiable fruit taste, not really raspberry (I read the ingredients. It's grape and apple.) IT'S LIES ALL LIES. THERE IS NO LEMONGRASS. HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS BARE FACED LYING!

Summary: 5/10 would eat again because they take the edge off the smell of sweaty train carriage when commuting but on the other hand I MIGHT BOYCOTT THEM FOREVER AS I WANT MY DAMN LEMONGRASS. I recommend eating a piece of lemongrass while also eating a raspberry while also eating a läkerol for full effect, but that might be a bit cumbersome.

No comments:

Post a Comment