Monday 5 May 2014

Day 263: Much Financial


An internet meme is a repetitive joke spread virally and contributed to by the denizens of the internet. Imagine my surprise when Doge made his way off the computer screen and into the Stockholm metro.

I'm not exactly sure who the target audience of this advert is, as so far only one of my students, a 12 year old boy, has recognised where the joke comes from and now subjects me to a barrage of "MUCH FINANCIAL! HAHAHAHA MUCH FINANCIAL! MUCH FINANCIAL!" every lesson. Furthermore, the commuter newspaper Metro asked around to find out if anyone even recognised Doge. Apparently they did not.

The summer ticket being advertised costs a whopping 2400 krona (thats about £230 or $170) which I'm sure is more than the average 12 year old boy can manage, even if he is much financial (has much financial? owns much financial?)

No comments:

Post a Comment