Saturday 10 May 2014

Day 268: Ramlösa...Bleeech!


Ramlösa is a Swedish sparkling water which is popular here. It is in fact, very popular. Many Swedes shun the cheaper brands of water to take Ramlösa instead. I have also heard it claimed that Ramlösa tastes like high quality water while Loka tastes "bad". Now maybe I'm just a water philistine, I had problems in France because I don't like Perrier, but to me sparkling water tastes like lead pipes and I will choose the El Cheapo bottle of still every time.

Unless, like yesterday, I was somehow tricked into thinking that the fruity sparkling waters would be delicious and refreshing. I deliberated a long time between Pear and Mango, wonderful sweet fruits with a unique flavour I'm sure you'll agree. There was some trepidation in the back of my mind, since the last time I bought a bottle of Ramlösa with the flavour of Lemon-Lime it tasted like the smell your hands get after you sort a sack of old coins.

But I gave the Mango the benefit of the doubt, because mangoes are delicious! what on Earth could go wrong! When I opened the lid there was a promising "whoosh" of fizz and the smell of Mango! Yes!

Of course it tasted like metal.

Steadily the bottle got warm in my bag over the course of the day, until I had warm flavoured metal. I hope I never fool myself into buying Ramlösa again when what I really want is one of these bad boys:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment